Source ; IT GRunts
Don’t panic, you won’t live that long to see this happen. Scientists today have warned that a massive asteroid might crash into Earth in the year 2182! The asteroid, called 1999 RQ36, is being tracked by astronomers who said that it has a good one-in-thousand chance of hitting the Earth at some point before the year 2200. Infact scientists had said that it is most likely to hit on September 24, 2182.
The asteroid is 1,800 feet across and was first discovered in 1999. Scientists said that a rock of this size can cause widespread devastation and possible mass extinction.
Scientists predict that humanity by that time will have enough advanced technology to be able to prevent such a disaster however any attempts to deflect the asteroid will have to take place at least 100 years before it is due to hit earth. That puts the efforts to deflect the asteroid to begin in 2082!
Earth is under constant threat of being hit with Asteroids. Another asteroid called Apophis has a one in 250,000 chance of striking the Earth in 2036. Plans are in progress to design a space probe that would land on Apophis to monitor its progress.
Well according to the Holy Quran, the Day of Judgment (Qiyamah) will come abruptly,
Surah Al Qiyamah (Surah 75)
1. I do call to witness the Resurrection Day;
2. And I do call to witness the self-reproaching Spirit.
3. Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones?
4. Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order, the very tip of his fingers.
5. But man wishes to do wrong (even) in the time in front of him.
6. He questions: “When is the Day of Resurrection?”
7. At length, when the sight is dazed
8. And the moon is buried in darkness
9. And the sun and moon are joined together that Day will Man say;
10. “Where is the refuge?”
11. By no means! No place of safety!”
12. Before the Lord (alone), that Day will be the place of rest.
13. That Day will Man be told (all) that he put forward, and all that he put back.
14. Nay, man will be evidence against himself,
15. Even though he were to make excuses.
16. Move not thy tongue concerning the (Qur’an), to make haste therewith.
17. It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it:
18. But when We have promulgated it, follow thou its recital:
19. Nay more, it is for Us to explain it:
20. Nay, (ye men!) but ye love the fleeting life,
21. And leave alone the Hereafter.
22. Some faces, that Day, will beam (in brightness and beauty) –
23. Looking towards their Lord;
24. And some faces, that Day, will be sad and dismal,
25. In the thought that some backbreaking calamity was about to be inflicted on them;
26. Yea, when (the soul) reaches to the collarbone (in its exit),
27. And there will be a cry, “Who is a magician (to restore him)?”
28. And he will conclude that it was (the Time) of Parting;
29. And one leg will be joined with another:
30. The Day the Drive will be (all) to thy Lord!
31. So he gave nothing in charity, nor did he pray! –
32. But on the contrary, he rejected Truth and turned away!
33. Then did he stalk to his family in full conceit!
34. Woe to thee, (O man!), yea, woe!
35. Again, woe to thee, (O man!), yea, woe!
36. Does Man think that he will be left uncontrolled, (without purpose)?
37. Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)?
38. Then did he become a clinging clot;
Then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion.
39. And of him He made two sexes, male and female.
40. Has not he, (the same), the power to give life to the dead?
surah 75:1-40 Al Qiyamah (The Resurrection)
(Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Qur’an, 1989.